CAT2 provides complete traceability for our customers. For primary whole carcass processing, traceability begins as animals arrive at the plant. Data is collected as the animals move through the harvest process, cooler, and fabrication departments. Sensors and scanners are used to track the carcasses through production. Each measure and movement is logged in the system along with quality and laboratory information, allowing management to view every movement; create daily, departmental, and carcass reports; and perform a recall at any time.
Our Complete Traceability Portal incorporates all of CAT2‘s systems to deliver farm-to-fork traceability to consumers. Consumers can enter a bar code number online and view the full genealogy of the product they purchased, including the originating farm, kill date, processing plant, and quality and production information, as well as other documentation, such as pathology testing results. The portal can be hosted from any company’s website and can greatly increases consumer confidence as well as market share during animal disease outbreaks and industry recalls.
- Provides traceability data for reporting and recall
- Provides complete product genealogy using CAT2 data
- Allows companies to host and fully customize the portal’s user interface with dynamic layouts and company-specific logos
- Allows management to view real-time product movement and perform a one-click recall
- Increases consumer confidence by providing buyers with farm, processing, and quality data for the product they have purchased
- Increases market share during outbreaks and industry recalls