CAT Squared’s Live Bird Weighing (LBW) application allows scale house operators to capture weights directly from truck scales and record live haul information including times, growers, crews, truck, trailer, driver, catch count, and other observations for each load. As trucks are received, the kill schedule is updated, and lots are created for tracking the birds through the live hang queue, on-line inspection, and pre-chill processes.
LBW also facilitates the weighing process for rendering and finished product trucks and enforces an allowed variance amount before printing a BOL for the outgoing trucks.
- Adheres to all guidelines set by the USDA Packers and Stockyards Program
- Begins yield analysis by capturing live incoming and yard shrink weights
- Keeps every department in first processing up-to-date on truck arrivals, bird weights, and incoming lots
- Assigns a lot number for traceability through first processing
- Integrates with many existing truck scales
- Records farm statistics such as grower, house, and feed withdraw time
- Records information for weather conditions, trucks, trailers, drivers, and catch crews
- Records live weights and yard shrink weights
- Enforces allowed weight variances for finished product trucks to ensure the correct product is being shipped
- Generates shipping documents and BOLs for outgoing trucks