CAT Squared’s yield and efficiency solutions allow companies to track and analyze gains, losses, and processing performance throughout their plants. For poultry, line speed, shackle/bird counts, load percents, and stoppages are captured to calculate efficiency. Yield can be captured plant-wide or by department and begins with incoming live weights and yard shrink; more real-time data is collected as birds enter and exit the chiller and proceed through deboning and further processing.
The Debone Yield application allows companies to improve yield and efficiencies specifically in their deboning departments. The application records incoming weights (e.g., front halves), outgoing component weights (e.g., breast meat, tenders, and frames), as well as meat-on-frame scrape check data, identifying where loss is occurring in the debone process.
CAT2‘s solutions provide management with a real-time view of line speeds, efficiencies, weights, and product loss, and CAT Squared’s plant-floor scoreboards facilitate real-time feedback to associates, enabling them to improve yields in real time.
- Enables floor personnel to proactively improve yield
- Identifies and reduces product loss
- Increases revenue with increased yield and throughput
- Utilizes real-time reporting so management can view live plant-floor performance
- Integrates with hopper scales for real-time weights
- Calculates yield by plant, department, and component
- Captures the percentage of meat left on the frame via scrape checks
- Displays real-time yield data on the plant floor and ranks debone lines by component yield percent, efficiency, quality checks, and throughput