CAT Squared’s yield and efficiency solutions allow companies to track and analyze gains, losses, and processing performance throughout their plants. For seafood processing, line speed and stoppages are captured to calculate efficiency. Yield can be captured plant-wide or by department and begins with incoming live weights; more real-time data is collected as fish proceed through cut-up and further processing.
CAT Squared’s Trim Scale application allows fish processors to improve yield and efficiencies specifically in their cut-up departments. The application records incoming fish weights and outgoing component weights (e.g., trim, fillet, and nuggets), as well as employees’ trimming performance, and identifies where loss is occurring in the process.
CAT Squared’s solutions provide management with a real-time view of line speeds, efficiencies, weights, and product loss, and CAT Squared’s plant-floor scoreboards facilitate real-time feedback to associates, enabling them to improve yields in real time.
- Enables floor personnel to proactively improve yield
- Identifies and reduces product loss
- Increases revenue with increased yield and throughput
- Utilizes real-time reporting so management can view live plant-floor performance
- Integrates with hopper scales for real-time weights
- Calculates yield by plant, department, and component
- Captures employees’ trimming performance
- Displays real-time yield data on the plant floor and ranks lines by yield percent and efficiency