CAT2 provides complete traceability for our customers. For further processing, traceability begins as the raw meat, spices, and dry goods arrive at the plant. Each item is bar-coded, and scanners are used to track ingredients and dry goods through production, including mixing, cooking, and cooling. Each transaction is logged in the system along with quality and laboratory information, allowing management to view every movement; create daily, departmental, and lot-specific reports; and perform a forward or backward recall at any time.
Our Complete Traceability Portal incorporates all of CAT2‘s systems to deliver farm-to-fork traceability to consumers. Consumers can enter a bar code number online and view the full genealogy of the product they purchased, including the originating farm, kill date, processing plant, and quality and production information, as well as other documentation, such as pathology testing results. The portal can be hosted from any company’s website and can greatly increases consumer confidence as well as market share during animal disease outbreaks and industry recalls.
- Provides traceability data for reporting and recall
- Provides complete product genealogy using CAT2 data
- Allows companies to host and fully customize the portal’s user interface with dynamic layouts and company-specific logos
- Allows management to view real-time product movement and perform a one-click recall
- Increases consumer confidence by providing buyers with farm, processing, and quality data for the product they have purchased
- Increases market share during outbreaks and industry recalls